Career Opportunities at LarsonO'Brien
LarsonO'Brien seeks candidates for a full-time salaried position of account executive. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; posses a minimum of a bachelors degree; and have a minimum of five years of agency account executive or related career experience. Minimal travel is required. Experience within the building design and construction industry is preferred.
The LarsonO'Brien account executive is responsible for daily contact with at least three existing agency clients. The account executive interfaces with agency departments to move projects through to successful completion. This includes meeting with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the media director concerning media issues, the public relations director concerning publicity and content marketing, the director of interactive concerning interactive projects, and the production manager concerning scheduling and timing.
The account executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their assigned clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients and approved, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis. The account executive is responsible for gaining new business from existing clients and maintaining a positive and mutually profitable client/agency relationship.
The account executive reports to the director of account management.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients' brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing media and public relations plans.
- Takes the lead in preparing proposals and strategic marketing communications plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients.
- Informs account supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
Salary (commensurate with experience) plus benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
RE: Advertising Account Executive Position
3591 Ridgeway Drive, Suite 200
Bethel Park, PA 15102
or by email to:
Subject: Advertising Account Executive Position
Founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1971 as a traditional advertising agency, today LarsonO'Brien is a comprehensive strategic marketing resource that serves exclusively client companies in the building design and construction industry. LarsonO’Brien offers three integrated areas of client services to help client companies grow to become leaders in their categories. These service areas include Growth Consulting, Product Innovation and Impact Marketing. LarsonO'Brien is headquartered eight miles south of downtown Pittsburgh in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania with a Mid-Atlantic office located in Baltimore, Maryland. Visit www.larsonobrien.com for more information.